- Homer is 220 mile scenic drive or a 45 minute commuter flight from
Anchorage (click here for map).
- Meet at the boat on the Homer Spit at 6:00 AM.
Depart shortly thereafter.
Return to harbor by 5:00 PM.
- All tackle, bait, and fish filleting is included in the price of
- No hidden costs!
- Maximum of six fishermen, plenty of fishing space.
- Each fisherman uses a custom built rod with Penn reel and Braid
rod belt. 100% Spectra line with well maintained matching tackle.
- One on one instruction and personal attention from your captain.
- We fish with other boats for safety.
- Two halibut per person per day catch limit.
- Two average 25 pound halibut yield 30 pounds of fillets at a market
value of 6-7 dollars per pound. A 190.00 dollar fishing value.
- You bring a bag lunch, drinks, and light rain gear if needed.
- An Alaskan sportfishing license is required and may be obtained
at the local grocery store or on the Homer Spit.
- One, three and fourteen day licenses available.
- Small coolers and day packs welcome.
- Bring your cell phone. They work in Alaska.
- Tennis shoes or soft soled shoes are the preferred footwear.
- Vacuum packing, freezing and shipping available via Fed-Ex overnight.
- Your catch is hung up at the end of the fishing day for plenty of
picture taking opportunities!
- Captain Doug personally sees to it that your catch is processed
and shipped to the address of your choice (the cost of processing
& shipping is not included in charter fare). Think about it, this is a good opportunity to catch fish for yourself, with all the amenities, please contact FishTravel. Here, in Florida, super places for you.